Thursday, September 18, 2008

Special Special... Read all about it







At my work we have to make a new special everyday... I work at a club where all the members are the same and they like to have something different to pick from besides the menu which changes occasionally. So this week the woman I work with was on vacation which meant I had to decide and choose all the specials for the week. This task while it might sound easy is not when you have work and school to think about, which would be my situation.It is nice to have something that challenges you such as thinking up a new dessert each day. It makes work more interesting. If i did not have to focus on school and work at the same time I think my dessert specials would be more intricate.

So on Saturday the week before I came up with a list of various desserts to execute. Some went over well with the members while others were not even tempted. Today I made a fresh fruit tart with vanilla pastry cream & plum-blackberry sauce. In the morning shift 6 were sold however during the night shift there was only 1 sold. So it went over well. For somw reason people love thier fruit tarts




2 comments:

brinton said...

yea so those look amazing i wish i was able to eat one when are u going to be put up pics of the Earl Grey cream brulee

SouthernGal said...

It probably sold well during lunch because it was light and cleansing vs something heavy....me loves fruit tarts and yours look delicious!

Have you been working on some fall items for your daily specials?