Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Earl Grey Creme Brulee ....





For the special on Saturday I decided to change things up and do something I knew the club members would probably love because they love the simple things, so I made a creme brulee. Instead of making just a plain old vanilla creme brulee I wanted to try something different thus the earl grey infusion. Also to go with the creme brulee I wanted to make macaroons. I love the cookies, they are so simple but can be made into incredibly different flavors. I decided a almond macaroon would compliment the dessert nicely. And we had some orange buttercream from a previous party so i included that into the cookies. The orange would be able to bring out the orange in the tea. Nicole, the woman I work for said she does not really like earl grey tea but in this application it tasted very good and I did a good job with the dessert. It is an awesome feeling having your boss and the person you look up to for guidence in your career say you did an awesome job on something. That is why I am in this field and love it so much. Because such a small thing like a creme brulee can have an impact on someones life. : )









1 comment:

SouthernGal said...

Me loves!!! The macaroons look absolutely delicious...share recipe, please?