I was asked to make dessert special for Wednesday this week. So I started brainstorming on various items I could try to make and something thing that is in the season. So I looked through one of our pastry books for ideas of fall flavors. The first thing I came upon was pears. And that is where my idea began. And I had made angel food cake a few days before but never was able to use it, so I was going to incorperate it into my dessert. I reduced some pear puree and steeped some star anise in it to give off a little different taste. Then I proceeded to create a pear filling. After doing to I cut the angel food cake into thin layer so I could stack the the cake to make in a way a Napoleon. I also incorperated some salted caramel. Everyone seemed to like it.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Angel Food & Pear Napoleon
I was asked to make dessert special for Wednesday this week. So I started brainstorming on various items I could try to make and something thing that is in the season. So I looked through one of our pastry books for ideas of fall flavors. The first thing I came upon was pears. And that is where my idea began. And I had made angel food cake a few days before but never was able to use it, so I was going to incorperate it into my dessert. I reduced some pear puree and steeped some star anise in it to give off a little different taste. Then I proceeded to create a pear filling. After doing to I cut the angel food cake into thin layer so I could stack the the cake to make in a way a Napoleon. I also incorperated some salted caramel. Everyone seemed to like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment